Fotonit – Surfaces protected by light
Every day we visit spaces where surfaces have been touched by thousands of hands before us. On these surfaces, live and thrive millions of pathogenic viruses, bacteria, yeasts and moulds.
Pandemics and epidemics have made us realise the importance of good surface hygiene in the fight against infectious diseases. That is why we have developed a self-disinfecting coating solution that activates by light and keeps surfaces safer.
The Fotonit coating, activated by normal room light, works tirelessly around the clock, destroying various pathogens from surfaces. Surfaces remain hygienic at all times without strong chemicals, even between cleanings.
The Fotonit photocatalytic coating, activated by normal room light, works tirelessly, destroys viruses and microbes from surfaces, thus effectively preventing the spread of various infectious diseases.
- Ensures good surface hygiene to fight against infectious diseases.
- Minimises risks as flu and other infectious diseases begin to spread again, when people return to work and hobbies.
- Safe spaces and clean surfaces increase the company and employer image.
- Reducing illnesses increases staff productivity and reduces medical costs.
- Reducing the need for heavy cleaning and strong chemicals translates into savings on cleaning costs.
The Fotonit photocatalytic coating is suitable for all spaces with a high number of daily visitors. The coating makes the spaces and surfaces safer for people.
- Swimming pools, gyms and skating rinks
- Shops, shopping centres and restaurants
- Museums, theatres, cinemas and libraries
- Concert halls and event centres
- Hotels, ski resorts and spas
- Vehicles and car rental shops
- Playgrounds and amusement parks
- Terminals, stations and ports
- Hairdressers and beauty salons
- Assisted living facilities and wellness centres
- Kindergartens and schools
- Hospitals, health centres and dental clinics
- Offices and agencies
Our Fotonit photocatalytic coating method involves spraying all interior surfaces with the coating. As an indication of its high degree of Finnish origin, our service has been awarded the Finnish Key Flag symbol.
- Activates within 24 hours of application
- Invisible, flexible and porous protective coating
- Suitable for all types of surface materials
- Annual re-application recommended
- Improves indoor air quality
Our customers speak for us
We make the world a safer place one surface at a time. Over the years, we have applied thousands of coatings all over Finland to homes, commercial premises, shops, shopping centres and amusement parks, as well as to public spaces such as schools, assisted living facilities and hospitals. Read more about why our customers chose Nanoksi Fotonit photocatalytic coating.
Viola-koti – Coating solutions beat the norovirus epidemic
Viola-kotiyhdistys provides services for the elderly. Despite enhanced hygiene measures, a strong norovirus epidemic used to roll on every year among customers and staff. It was time to try new ways to eliminate the epidemic. Nanoksi applied a dirt-repellent coating to the Viola-koti pool department and day centre washrooms. Also, to the day centre toilets, Nanoksi applied a Fotonit photocatalytic coating that destroys viruses and microbes. After the coating treatment, the norovirus epidemic no longer occurred. Staff was getting ill less often and cleaning the facilities became easier, which translated into savings. The surfaces remained hygienic without special cleaning and strong chemicals. The coating solution also made it possible to postpone the renovation of the premises.
Telia – photocatalytic coating increased the points of sale safety
The surfaces of all Telia points of sale were treated with Fotonit photocatalytic coating. The aim was to make the premises safer for both customers and employees by protecting the surfaces with a coating that destroys viruses and microbes. The need for added protection has increased, especially due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The coating method has been used with, e.g., demo, card payment and queueing number devices as well as store surfaces and payment terminals. Coated ,safe surfaces, will self-disinfect continuously in normal room light.
This is how photocatalysis works
- The coating is activated by light and airborne water vapour.
- The activated coating forms reactive oxygen compounds.
- Oxygen compounds are very short-lived, as they react with microbes and VOCs on the surface.
- The microbes and volatile organic compounds (VOCs) decompose while oxygen compounds are converted to water and carbon dioxide.
Proven to work
The Fotonit photocatalytic coating has been proven to work by a study conducted at the University of Tampere. The photocatalysis is capable of destroying 98% of influenza viruses, among other things, in two hours under normal room light.
Want to know more? Ask for the research results
The functionality of the Fotonit photocatalytic coating is tested with various other methods measuring surface hygiene. The ATP measurement is the one we use the most.
ATP (Adenosine triphosphate) is a cellular metabolite. The ATP measurement describes the amount of organic dirt on a surface. The measurement is based on the ATP–luciferase reaction which produces light. The meter reports the amount in relative light units (RLU). The lower the number, the less organic the dirt that acts as a breeding ground for microbes and viruses exists on the surface.
Are you interested in the measurement results? Contact us and ask for more