In this privacy statement, we describe how we collect and process personal information when offering the services of Nanoksi Finland Oy (including, but not limited to, the website www.nanoksi.fi, as well as all related discussion forums, directories and databases and services provided by Nanoksi Finland Oy ) (hereinafter “the Service” or “the Services”).
We are committed to protecting the privacy of users of the Services in accordance with the applicable law.
2. Purposes and legal basis of data processing
Purposes of the processing of personal data
We collect and process personal data in order to:
- Enable a user to be registered for certain services on our site;
- Enable a user to use certain services on our site;
- Market our services or those of selected third parties to users with the user’s consent;
- Improve the user experience in using the Service by collecting information about their use of the website using cookies and other analytical techniques;
- Manage our website.
Legal basis for the processing of personal data
We collect and process personal information in order to fulfil our obligations under the agreement and our legal obligations. In addition, we process personal data on the basis of a legitimate interest in order to maintain and develop our business and services.
3. What personal data do we collect?
We collect personal data from users of the service that is necessary for the purposes specified in this privacy statement:
a) The information you provide to Nanoksi Finland Oy
- Contact and registration information
- Demographic information, such as age and gender
- Contractual information, such as product or service descriptions, invoicing and payment information, customer feedback, and contact information
- Recorded customer calls
- User-provided profiling and interest-related information
- Permits and consents
- Any other user-supplied information we need for the purposes set forth in this privacy statement
b) Possible information collected from public registers
c) Information observed relating to the use of the Services
For example, cookies and other possible analytical technologies are used to collect the following information:
- Information about the use and browsing of the features of the Service, such as the ads that have been displayed and information about clicks on ads
- The page from which the user accessed our site, the device model, the unique device and/or cookie ID, the data collection channel, the browser version, the IP address, session ID, time and duration of the session, and the screen resolution and operating system
- Location data, if expressly permitted by the user
- Other information collected with the user’s consent
d) Data derived from the use of the Services
- The derived data is inferred from analytics from the observed use of the Service and/or from information provided by the customer themselves, for example, the user’s possible interests or segmentation into a group of certain types of users.
4. How long is user data retained?
We retain users’s personal data only for as long as it is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, or for the maximum period permitted by law. The length of the personal data retention period therefore varies depending on the data. This also means that we may retain your personal information even if your contractual relationship with us has ended, but only for as long as we have a reason to do so.
5. Transfer of personal data
Nanoksi Finland Oy in order to provide the service
We will only transfer personal data to the extent that third parties need access to the personal data we process in order to provide the Service for the purposes set out in this privacy statement.
Third- party marketing and advertising
We do not share users’s personal or identifying data with marketing or advertising parties. In order to properly target communications or marketing, we may transfer anonymised demographic information, interests, or e.g. location-based targeting values to third parties.
If the user has given their consent, we may share their data with selected third parties so that they can contact the user.
We may disclose data for scientific or historical research purposes, provided that the data has been processed in such a way that the subject of the data is no longer identifiable.
For legal reasons
Your personal data may be disclosed in accordance with the regulations and legal requirements of a competent authority. If we sell, buy, merge or otherwise organise our business operations, your personal data may be disclosed to buyers and their advisors.
6. International data transfers
Nanoksi Finland Oy endeavours to implement all services and process personal data using operators and services located in the EU or EEA.
However, some of our subcontractors, distributors and partners are located outside the EEA. In these cases, your personal data may be transferred between different countries. Such transfers may include transfers of personal data to countries outside the EU or EEA, where the legislation relating to the processing of personal data differs from the requirements of Finnish law. In such cases, Nanoksi Finland Oy will ensure an adequate level of protection of personal data by e.g. forming a contract with the data controller using model contract clauses or other means in accordance with data protection legislation for the transfer of personal data to third countries.
7. Protection of personal data
Nanoksi Finland Oy utilises up-to-date practices for the protection of personal data. This means using physical, administrative and technical safeguards to reduce the risk of loss of personal data and to reduce misuse and unauthorised use, disclosure or modification. We store your personal data on secure servers, so that only authorised persons can access the information on that server. Nanoksi Finland Oy may also protect the user’s personal data by using a secure sockets layer (SSL) or other similar encryption software.
8. Third-party websites
This privacy statement applies only to the Services; we are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites. We encourage you to review the privacy statements of the sites you visit.
9. Changes to this privacy statement
We may modify this privacy statement at our discretion. The amended privacy statement is available on the company website to ensure that users are always aware of how their personal data is treated.
10. Your rights
Right of inspection
You have the right to inspect the data concerning you that has been stored in the data register. We will provide this information in the format that the law requires.
Right to demand rectification
You have the right to request the correction or supplementation of incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, outdated or unnecessary information relating to you.
Right to erasure
You can request the removal of your personal data from our systems. We will take action on your request if we have no legitimate reason not to delete the data. However, the data may not be immediately deleted from all of our backup or other corresponding systems.
Right to restriction of processing
You can ask us to restrict the processing of certain parts of your personal data. However, a request for a restriction on the processing of data may result in more limited access to our website and services.
Right to object to the processing of data
You may also request restrictions on the processing of your personal data if it is being processed for purposes other than the performance of the Service or the fulfilment of a legal obligation. However, opposing the processing of personal data may lead to more limited access to our website. You have the right to opt out of electronic direct marketing by following the instructions that are included in all of our marketing messages.
Right to data portability
You have the right to receive your personal data from us in a structured and commonly used format, so that you can pass it on to another data controller.
Right to withdraw consent
If the processing of your data is based on consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
11. Exercising your rights
You can exercise your rights by sending a letter or email including your name, address, phone number and a copy of a valid form of identification. If your request concerns personal data contained in a cookie, you must attach a copy of that cookie to your request. We may request additional information to verify your identity. We may reject requests that we deem to be unreasonably frequent, excessive, or otherwise unfounded.
If you feel that the processing of your personal data is in breach of applicable law, you can lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority.
12. Who is the data controller, and who can I contact?
The data controller is:
Nanoksi Finland Oy
In matters regarding the data register, contact us at the following e-mail address: