FOTONIT® – Surfaces protected by light
Every day we visit spaces where surfaces have been touched by thousands of hands before us. On these surfaces, live and thrive millions of pathogenic viruses, bacteria, yeasts and moulds.
Pandemics and epidemics have made us realise the importance of good surface hygiene in the fight against infectious diseases. That is why we have developed a self-disinfecting coating solution that activates by light and keeps surfaces safer.
The Fotonit® coating, activated by normal room light, works tirelessly around the clock, destroying various pathogens from surfaces. Surfaces remain hygienic at all times without strong chemicals, even between cleanings.
The Fotonit® photocatalytic coating, activated by normal room light, works tirelessly, destroys viruses and microbes from surfaces, thus effectively preventing the spread of various infectious diseases.
- Ensures good surface hygiene to fight against infectious diseases.
- Minimises risks as flu and other infectious diseases begin to spread again, when people return to work and hobbies.
- Safe spaces and clean surfaces increase the company and employer image.
- Reducing illnesses increases staff productivity and reduces medical costs.
- Reducing the need for heavy cleaning and strong chemicals translates into savings on cleaning costs.
The Fotonit® photocatalytic coating is suitable for all spaces with a high number of daily visitors. The coating makes the spaces and surfaces safer for people.
- Swimming pools, gyms and skating rinks
- Shops, shopping centres and restaurants
- Museums, theatres, cinemas and libraries
- Concert halls and event centres
- Hotels, ski resorts and spas
- Vehicles and car rental shops
- Playgrounds and amusement parks
- Terminals, stations and ports
- Hairdressers and beauty salons
- Assisted living facilities and wellness centres
- Kindergartens and schools
- Hospitals, health centres and dental clinics
- Offices and agencies
Main features of our service
All interior surfaces are sprayed with our Fotonit photocatalytic coating, which
- activates within 24 hours of application
- is invisible, flexible and porous
- is suitable for all surface materials
- improves indoor air quality
An annual re-application is recommended. Our service has been awarded the Finnish Key Flag symbol as a sign of its Finnish origin.
Our customers speak for us
We aim to make the world a safer place one surface at a time. Over the years, we have applied thousands of coatings in private homes, commercial premises such as shops, shopping centres and amusement parks, as well as public spaces such as schools, hospitals and assisted living facilities. Read more about why our customers chose Nanoksi Fotonit photocatalytic coating.
Viola-koti – Coating solutions beat the norovirus epidemic
Viola-kotiyhdistys provides services for the elderly. Nanoksi was called in to battle the annual vigorous norovirus epidemic that swept through customers and staff. Nanoksi applied a dirt-resistant coating in the pool department and day center’s washrooms. Fotonit photocatalytic coating was applied in the day center toilets to destroy all microbes. They have not had recurring norovirus epidemics since the coatings were applied. Viola-kotiyhdistys benefited in many ways: staff was ill less often and cleaning became easier, which reduced various costs. The surfaces remained hygienic without special cleaning and strong chemicals. They were able to postpone their planned renovation.
Telia – photocatalytic coating increased the safety in Telia’s branches
The aim was to make the premises safer for both customers and employees, therefore surfaces in all Telia’s branches were treated with Fotonit photocatalytic coating that destroys microbes that land on it. Only light is needed to keep the coating continuously self-disinfecting. Enhanced protection was needed due to the covid pandemic. Fotonit was applied on e.g. demo devices, card payment terminals, queueing number devices, counters and cashiers.
This is how photocatalysis works
- The coating is activated by light and airborne water vapour.
- The activated coating forms reactive oxygen compounds.
- Oxygen compounds are very short-lived as they react with microbes and volatile organic compounds (VOCs) on the surface.
- The microbes and VOCs decompose while oxygen compounds are converted to water and carbon dioxide.
Proven to work
The Fotonit® photocatalytic coating has been proven to work by a study conducted at the University of Tampere. The photocatalysis is capable of destroying 98% of influenza viruses, among other things, in two hours under normal room light.
Want to know more? Ask for the research results
The functionality of the Fotonit photocatalytic coating can be tested by various surface hygiene measuring methods. The ATP (adenosine triphosphate) method is the one we use the most.
ATP (Adenosine triphosphate) is a cellular metabolite. The ATP measurement describes the amount of organic dirt on a surface. The measurement is based on the ATP–luciferase reaction which produces light. The meter reports the amount in relative light units (RLU). The lower the number, the less organic the dirt that acts as a breeding ground for microbes and viruses exists on the surface.
Are you interested in the measurement results? Contact us and ask for more